Tuscan Memory

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

15th Annual Fountain Street Open Studio Event is here April 8-10!!

Once again we welcome in spring with our biggest open studio event of the year. Join us for our 15th annual Fountain Street Open Studios from April 8-10. Hours will be Friday from 5:30 to 9 pm and Saturday & Sunday from 11-5. Over 50 studio artists and guests will be open. Plus there is a new gallery located on the first floor, FOUNTAIN STREET FINE ARTS.

I have been lucky to have a painting, Pippi and Hans, installed at the Floating Hospital for Children this past winter. This was a new venture for me and the most rewarding in my art career. The painting of a goose and gosling came to mind out of my love for childrens' literature and I collaged images from some of my favorite books into the mother goose's wing and also added lines of text into the snow beneath their feet. I hope that it will invite young patients and staff to ponder the clues to see if they can identify the books hidden in the painting. Giclees of Pippi and Hans will be available during open studios with 50% of the proceeds going to Floating Hospital for Children right here in Boston.

This spring, I was asked by Gianna Bird of Silver Moon Desings to collaborate on a jewelry line using my art images. Images of the jewelry can be seen on line at http://silvermoondesigns.biz We will be offering a selection of jewelry at the sale.

Remember that everything in the studio is offered at Special Studio Prices, so come and toast the end of the snow while supporting One World Women's Health in their mission to build a maternity clinic in Sierra Leone. I am donating 20% of my art sales to OWWH during this open studio event.For more informationhttp://www.oneworldwomenshealth.org/